First Holy Communion

The next First Holy Communion (FHC) programme starts in the autumn. Some outings may be part of the course. Requirements for inclusion in the FHC programme at the Church of Our Lady (OL) are:

  • the child must be in Year 3 this coming Academic year 2019/20
  • OL must be the child’s regular place of worship

If one or both prerequisites are not complied, please have a word with Margaret Wickware.

The form can be downloaded from here: FHC Registration Form 2019-20.  Please complete it and hand it in or post it to the parish office ASAP but no later than 16thJuly, so to help us plan for the course.

Once the forms are returned, we will e-mail further details.

Sacrament of Confirmation

Preparation of our young people for the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation will begin early in 2020. Our programme may include an outing as well as sessions/events to which you are very warmly invited to attend. Given your integral role in the faith formation of your child, you would be most welcome to attend any or all of our sessions.
Please note:

  • Your child must be in Year 9 or above in the current academic year 2019/20.
  • Our Lady (OL) must be your child’s regular place of worship.

If one or both of these suggested conditions cannot be met, please have a word with Fr Kevin or Fr Ben or Margaret Wickware (c/o email address below). Please complete Confirmation Registration Form and either hand it in to the parish office or scan and email (address below) by 30 November to help us plan our programme. Margaret would be delighted to chat with you at anytime. Margaret can be reached at

Request a copy of a sacramental record

From time to time, many people find it necessary to request a copy of a certificate of Baptism, or a record of their Confirmation or Marriage in church. Most commonly, this will be in connection with a marriage, or a school application.

The Data Protection restricts access to our Sacramental registers and the information they contain.

Consequently all requests for certificates must be made:

  • made in writing and signed by the applicant
  • made by one of those named in the register – for instance, the person who was baptised, or, in the case of someone still under the age of 16, their parent or guardian.

Consequently we are unable to accept requests for certificates by phone or email.

The application form for a certificate can be downloaded here. Please complete it and then post it, with cheque, to the address provided.

Letter of Freedom and permission to marry outside of this parish

In most cases those preparing for marriage no longer need to obtain Letters of Freedom, because they will instead complete a Statutory Declaration of Freedom, which should then be witnessed by a solicitor.

However if you need a Letter of Freedom please download the Letter of Freedom Request form and post it to the address provided.  Please use this same form to obtain a Letter of Permission to Marry outside of your parish of residence. (NB You will only need to do this if you live in the parish of St Johns Wood, are marrying outside the parish, and your marriage papers are prepared outside of the parish also.)