How Not To Begin Advent
This morning we couldn't find the stand for the Advent wreath. This was because the idiot parish priest had moved it from it's storage space up into the sacristy so it would be ready for decoration. You really can't get the staff.
Thus our preparation for the coming of the Lord at the end of time and at Christmas begins and I do hope your start to this holy season is better than mine. There is lots to read about Advent on our Facebook page but as a little thing to do daily, given there are 28 chapters in St Matthew's Gospel, why not read one chapter on each of the 27 days of Advent and the last on Christmas morning? That last chapter ends with the instruction to the disciples to preach the Good News about Jesus and what better gift could you give to anyone on Christmas Day?
You can find the times of Masses and Confessions for the first part of Advent in the newsletter above and for the latter part of Advent and the whole of Christmastide here. In the meantime, please continue to support us so that we can help those most in need at this time by:
- using the GiftAid collecting contactless giving machines at each door
- clicking on Supporting Your Parish to set up a standing order, Gift Aid your donations or make BACS payments
- using planned giving envelopes and indicating to the Parish Bookkeeper if you would still like a set for the next financial year
- placing cash in the traditional offertory bags
- using this Virgin Money Giving for a one-off donation. This will not be available after the end of November 2021 so you might like to use option 2 for regular donations.
Mass Book page 84
Psalm 125 R. v 3
Philippians 1:4-6; 8-11
Music at Our Lady
Daily Service Times
Sunday: 6:00pm (Sat), 9:00am, 10:30am, 12:00 noon, 6:00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10:00am
Saturday: 10:30am - 11:00am, 5:15pm - 5:45pm